The politics of Eastern Europe
While most of my work is comparative and concerns countries from northwestern, southern and eastern Europe, I am particularly interested in the specific issues post-communist countries face.
- Borbáth, Endre. 2018. “When the Post-Communist Left Succeeds: The 2016 Romanian Parliamentary Election.” In 2017: Europe’s Bumper Year of Elections, eds. Brigid Laffan and Lorenzo Cicchi. European University Institute (EUI), 133–50.
- Kim, Seongcheol and Borbáth Endre. 2019. A Typology of Post-Communist Successor Parties in Central and Eastern Europe and an Explanatory Framework for their (Non-)Success.
- Gessler, Theresa and Borbáth Endre. 2019. Programmatic Change in a Differentiated Media Landscape: the Case of Jobbik in Hungary.
- Gessler, Theresa and Borbáth Endre. 2019. The Hour of the Citizen – The Evolution of Eastern Europeans’ Conceptions of Democracy.
- Ecker, Alejandro and Borbáth Endre. 2018. The effect of electoral coordination on voting behaviour: Leveraging a quasi-experiment during the parliamentary elections in Hungary in 1998.